Itty Bitty Primitive Pinwheels

Posted by Karen on Friday, January 21st, 2011

Start with 81 - 2 1/2" squares:

pinwheel squares (300x298)

Sew them together and add a border:

pinwheel squares sewn (300x293)

Use your Itty Bitty Primitive Pinwheel  (click to purchase) tool and cut:

pinwheel rows (300x186)

Sew the pinwheels together, quilt and bind to get this 10"! square mini quilt:

pinwheel finished (300x289)

A comparison from start to finish:

pinwheel comparison (214x300)

Love it!

~Karen

Categories:

Comments

• Oh my so tiny. I think this would be a real challlenge for me to try. Have a great week Karen. Look forward to reading you BLOG and seeing what you come up with. Dee
      by Dee Elkins on 24 January 2011 at 7:51 a.m.
    • Oh My Gosh. I love this look. It is so neat in the pink and brown. I would love to do this pattern. Thank you for showing this to us.
      by Angela Willoughby on 24 January 2011 at 8:12 a.m.
    • One would never know you started with 81 2 1/2" squares. There's not a square to be seen at all.
      by Randi Rinehart on 24 January 2011 at 8:13 a.m.
    • I love it!. I can't wait to make it for myself. I love your shop and am looking forward to reading more on your blog.
      by Carolyn Taylor on 24 January 2011 at 8:35 a.m.
    • I fall in love with anything brown and pink! This is too cute!
      by Jaclyn Davis on 24 January 2011 at 8:36 a.m.
    • I have not made such a small quilt, it is adorable.
      by Ginny Littleton on 24 January 2011 at 8:38 a.m.
    • I love this tiny pinwheel pattern. Amazing that it started out with 81 2 1/2" squares. Love pinwheels! Thanks for sharing this.
      by Alice Brown on 24 January 2011 at 8:39 a.m.
    • I was surprised to see how small it got!! I have been putting off trying "small" quilts. I can't wait to try the tool and reduce my ever mounting stash pile! Karen, thank you so much for sharing your small quilt that "PACK"ers such a punch!
      by Barbara Sehring on 24 January 2011 at 8:42 a.m.
    • This is just what I have been looking for!! I have been quilting for only a few years, but have gotten tired of the same old patterns.. everything just seems to be the same... I need a change, and this looks like a challenge (!!) and this is what I need!! Woohoo.. something to make me think!! Love your fabric choice also!!
      by Mary L. on 24 January 2011 at 9:21 a.m.
    • I love the look and the colors!
      by Maureen Mullarkey on 24 January 2011 at 10:55 a.m.
    • I really liked seeing the progression photo- from start to finish. Very clever process and great finished square!
      by Sue GJ on 24 January 2011 at 11:16 a.m.
    • I always liked the look of tiny squares, but very tedious. Looks fabulous the transition of the 2-1/2 inch squares... Amazing what you can do with a little piece of fabric!!
      by Lynne Grubbs on 24 January 2011 at 11:58 a.m.
    • That is so clever. Can it be made bigger?
      by Kathleen Schwarz on 24 January 2011 at 2:14 p.m.
    • I am a big fan of pink and brown and this looks like a cool technique. I haven't seen it before. I love your shop, just wish I lived closer!
      by Rhonda Kunkel on 24 January 2011 at 3:35 p.m.
    • I've seen larger versions of this but I love the small version. I'm sure the tool makes it easier than it looks. Thanks for sharing this with us.
      by Linda S. on 24 January 2011 at 7:55 p.m.
    • Wow,that looks awesome. Did the seam allowance give you any problems? This seems like a great technigue. Thanks for sharing it.
      by Traci Weiland on 24 January 2011 at 8:11 p.m.
    • I haven't seen this before Karen. Do you have the sample hanging some where so we can see it?
      by Sandy O on 24 January 2011 at 8:33 p.m.
    • Love pinwheels, this would be great to win.
      by Peggy S on 24 January 2011 at 10:23 p.m.
    • Cute! Interesting twist on a simple start!
      by Bonnie Lambert on 25 January 2011 at 9:34 a.m.
    • This is so cute! nrbird @ gmail.com
      by Nancy B from Many LA on 25 January 2011 at 11:16 a.m.
    • Very cute pattern. It would be challenging but I would love to try it with my scraps of reproductions from my latest grandmother's flower garden. Love your site and all your awesome ideas.
      by Barbara Munden on 25 January 2011 at 2:24 p.m.
    • Love itty bitty quilts & your store! Will have to stop in soon!
      by Joanne Lee on 26 January 2011 at 3:53 p.m.